Tuesday, March 29, 2011

“summer-is almost-here-and-i-have-dimples-on-my-but”

Hey everyone, I’m back!!  I had a fabulous time in my home town this past week.  I miss my mom and dad so much.  I did cheerleading for approximately 3 straight days and couldn’t move Wednesday morning.  I hadn’t kicked/ jumped/ tumbled in almost 7 years! Lord, you should have seen me. 


Unfortunately, my niece did not make the squad, but she learned a very valuable life lesson.  There will be many “cheerleading squads” in life; some she will make, some she will not.   The important thing is for her to let this situation propel her to do even greater things in cheerleading or some other sport/ activity.  I think she’s going to work really hard and try out next year!!


On to a lighter subject matter (and I mean light).  So I always post about the fabulous recipes that I find and make, but I tried one last week that was not so fab; and in all fairness I should tell you the good with the bad.


NWH and I love dessert.  That is defiantly our weakness.  So I’ve been on a “summer-is almost-here-and-i-have-dimples-on-my-but” kick for the past few weeks and decided that I would try to start making low-cal desserts. 




I ran across this website that listed a recipe for Chocolate Banana Soufflé’.

·         2 ripe medium bananas, mashed
·         2 tsp cornstarch
·         1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
·         1 tsp vanilla extract
·         2 large egg whites
·         3 tbsp sugar
·         butter flavored cooking spray

Preheat over to 400F. Coat 4, 6 oz ramekins with butter flavored cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet.

In a medium bowl, mash bananas and vanilla together. Sift cornstarch and cocoa powder over bananas and stir well.

In another medium bowl, beat egg whites with sugar until they form soft peaks. Fold 1/3 of egg whites into banana mixture. When incorporated, fold in the rest of the egg whites. Spoon mixture into ramekins.

Wipe the top 1/4 inch “collar” of the ramekin to remove any excess batter so that the soufflé will rise straight and place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.


Sound good, eh’?  And for ONLY 130 calories… do not be deceived.  I believe the words out of NWH’s mouth were, “I’m going to puke if I eat this,” and I couldn't agree more.  We threw all four “soufflé’s” away and picked up a box of the 90 calorie snicker bars the next day!!





2 comments:

  1. got it, don't make the souffle!!

    Glad you're back

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a good visit! That souffle looks delicious, too bad it's not! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails